New UnPlugged Workshops: Intro to Garage Robotics
UPDATE: These workshops are full. Please email meredith [at] mouse.org if you would like to be added to the waitlist.
Attention Inventors, Tinkerers, DIY Enthusiasts!
Sign up now for one of three Garage Robotics Intro Workshops!
WHAT IS GARAGE ROBOTICS?
Garage Robotics is a MOUSE Squad Specialist Certification where you'll learn the basics of circuitry, microprocessor programming and prototyping. You can self-lead through online step-by-step activities using a robotics materials kit. This workshop will get you started on your way toward Garage Robotics Certification. PLUS! you get to keep the materials we give you to help you finish certification back at school!
WHEN: Choose 1 of the following workshop dates
- Thursday, Feb. 9th 4pm - 6:30pm
- Thursday, Feb. 16th 4pm - 6:30pm
- Thursday, March 1st 4pm - 6:30pm
Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science - Downtown Brooklyn: 283 Adams Street Street, Brooklyn NY. Map it!
Take the 2,3,4,5 to Borough Hall or the A,C,F,N,R to Jay Street Borough Hall.
WHAT DO SQUADS GET?
- MOUSE will provide 1 complete materials kit for each pair of students who register - including breadboards, an arduino microprocessor, LEDs, photo-sensors and more (worth over $60).
- An opportunity for squads to collaborate with other students interested in physical computing and the DIY movement.
- EMOTI-CON (Optional):
Any squad working on Garage Robotics certification is eligible to present their final project at the 4th annual Emoti-Con! NYC: Youth Digital Media and Technology Challenge on Saturday June 2nd.