MOUSE Seeks Star Education and Assessment Manager
Esteemed Wire Readers - perhaps you, perhaps someone you know would like to join the MOUSE Team. Please share this description with strong candidates.
MOUSE, a mission driven non-profit committed to empowering students to succeed in today's knowledge based economy, is seeking an Education and Assessment Manager. The ideal candidate is a talented educator who's capable of designing curriculum, able to make it come alive online, and able to assess how our programs produce outcomes for participants. Interested candidates should send an email explaining why they'd be a good fit and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2/22/2008. This position is based in our New York City office.
The candidate will:
- Design curriculum for MOUSE's existing MOUSE Squad and MOUSECORPS programs
- Assess the effectiveness of our programs and curriculum; develop and disseminate reports on program effectiveness and best practices
- Lead workshops administrators, teachers and students
- Create communities of practice to promote teacher professional development
- Make MOUSE curricular offerings come alive online
- Help develop partnerships with like-minded organizations that compliment MOUSE's educational goals
- Contribute to MOUSE online publications like the MOUSE Squad Wire
- Present MOUSE's work at Educational Technology Conferences, like Educon 2.0 and NECC
- Oversee the conceptualization and educational design of the annual MOUSE Educators Conference
- Passionate about creating opportunities for youth and demonstrated track record with the purposeful use of technology
- Masters Degree in Education or related field
- 4 to 6 years relevant work experience, preferably with youth development experience
- Teaching, Teacher Professional development experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with research tools and the ability to perform data analysis desired.
MOUSE: Empowering Students to Succeed
Since 1997, MOUSE has been creating technology-based opportunities that motivate underserved students to succeed in today’s information society.
MOUSE leads two key initiatives: MOUSE Squad and MOUSECORPS. Through these research-based programs, MOUSE makes a measurable difference in the lives of underserved students and in their communities through:
- Leadership programs;
- Technology programs;
- College-preparatory programs;
- Career development programs;
- Service learning programs; and
- Professional development for educators.
Recognizing that many schools have limited resources, MOUSE efforts are designed to provide a cost-effective, research-based platform to improve the learning community and increase opportunity for students, teachers, and the community at large. Ultimately, MOUSE is committed to helping underserved students succeed. All of our programs, partnerships, and activities have been developed to achieve this important goal.
Send email to email@example.com
MOUSE provides a competitive salary and benefits package.