Intro to Garage Robotics: 2 Upcoming Workshops!
Attention Inventors, Tinkerers, DIY Enthusiasts!
Sign up now for one of two Garage Robotics Intro Workshops!
WHAT IS GARAGE ROBOTICS?
Garage Robotics is a MOUSE Squad Specialist Certification where you'll learn the basics of circuitry, microprocessor programming and prototyping. You can self-lead through online step-by-step activities using a robotics materials kit. This workshop will get you started on your way toward Garage Robotics Certification. PLUS! you get to keep the materials we give you to help you finish certification back at school!
WHEN: Choose 1 of the following workshop dates
- Thursday, Nov. 15th 4pm - 6:30pm UPDATE: REGISTRATION FOR THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED.
- Thursday, Dec. 13th 4pm - 6:30pm
MOUSE Headquarters in Manhattan
- 50 W. 23rd Street, between 5th and 6th Avenue
- 7th floor
MOUSE HQ is centrally located with several subway stops near by.
- F/M to 23rd Street/6th Ave
- N/R to 23rd Street/Broadway
- C/E to 23rd Street/8th Ave
- 1 to 23rd Srteet/7th Ave
WHAT DO SQUADS GET?
- MOUSE will provide 1 complete materials kit for each pair of students who register - including breadboards, an arduino microprocessor, LEDs, photo-sensors and more (worth over $60).
- An opportunity for squads to collaborate with other students interested in physical computing and the DIY movement.
- EMOTI-CON (Optional):
Any squad working on Garage Robotics certification is eligible to present their final project at the 5th annual Emoti-Con! Youth Digital Media and Technology Challenge in June.
NOTE: If you sign up for this workshop, you must commit to facilitating Garage Robotics Certification with your students at school after the workshop.
Registration for this event is closed. If you already registered and need to update your registration, please email email@example.com.
- Please only sign up students who have already received parent permission to attend.
- Because there is only space for 20 students, we will allow each school to register up to 10 students total.
- Click here to register