February MicroProject: What Powers Your Squad?
Are students, teachers, or family members often impressed with your skills and knowledge about technology? Are they sometimes surprised that someone your age can do all the things you can do? We bet they are! MOUSE Squad members are exceptional young people. And has anyone ever asked how your MOUSE Squad can accomplish so much? In other words, do they want to know what drives your MOUSE Squad? Well, we do too!
This month, your challenge is to show us in a visual way, what makes your MOUSE Squad tick.
Steps for this month’s challenge:
- First, figure out what makes your MOUSE Squad work so awesomely. Is it the technology that you have and use? Is it the unique personality traits that each member of the Squad has? Maybe it’s the amazing way you work together that makes your Squad extraordinary?
- Then, make an interactive presentation or poster to show others what magic is behind your MOUSE Squad curtain. Is your squad fueled by awesome teachers? Positive words of inspiration? Great tech role models? A really fun music playlist? Solving all the cases your school needs help with? Your hopes and dreams? At the bottom of this post you will find a couple free, online tools to tell us what fuels YOUR squad.
Get a little scientific and collect some cool data about your MOUSE Squad. Then, show us the data in a visual way, by using a graph or chart. Here are some sample bonus topics:
- The time when the most (or least) cases are submitted to CaseTracker.
- What types (virus, hardware, internet) of problems come up most in your school.
- Or maybe the data you collect is about the members of your Squad...
Your Free Tools
- Prezi - Use Prezi to create presentations that pan and zoom!
- Glogster - With Glogster, you can create interactive posters loaded with text, graphics, music and videos.
MicroProject winners receive:
- A $60 Best Buy gift card for the Grand Prize winner!
- Papertronics Lunar Modules for 2 runners up! Papertronics are paper toys with paper electronic circuits in them that you build yourself!