Did you miss Mouse's last Maker Night? Don't worry! Another one is happening on Thursday, Feb. 25th from 4-6 pm!
Mouse’s monthly Maker Night brings together high school aged and professional coders, crafters, 3D designers, whiteboard artists, gamers, and makers and more from all over NYC. Meet experts, learn new skills and take something home you made! This is the perfect place to try code, building circuits or 3D design for the first time!
Join us! All experience levels welcome.
See photos from previous Maker Nights to get inspired!
This month's Maker Night is Thursday, Feb. 25th.
Mouse Maker Nights are FREE for ALL NYC high school students, so bring your friends, brothers, sisters, cousins, frenemies, classmates, teammates, and more! Just make sure you RSVP.
At a Mouse Maker Night you will:
- Make something awesome!
- Eat free pizza!
- Meet cool people who also like to make things!
Maker Night Info:
WHEN: Thursday Feb 25, from 4-6pm.
WHERE: Mouse Headquarters: 55 Broad Street, 16th floor, in Downtown Manhattan.
WHO: Mouse Maker Nights are open to all NYC high school students! However, space is limited, so you have to...
No materials or experience necessary. FREE Pizza included!
If you need more games in your life, you're in luck. PlayTech Saturday is happening on April 9th!
Parsons the New School for Design hosts PlayTech Saturday twice a year, and it's always amazing! This semester's PlayTech will take place on April 9th.
At PlayTech, you will:
- Play brand-new video games, board games, card games, and more!
- Tell game designers what YOU have to say about their games and how to make them better!
- Learn more about studying game design and careers in game design!
- Eat free pizza!!!
- WHEN: Saturday, April 9th from 1-3pm
- WHERE: Parsons - 6 E. 16th Street, 12th floor in Manhattan.
- WHAT ELSE? FREE PIZZA will be served at 1pm, and Mouse will provide roundtrip MetroCards for all Mouse Squad students who attend.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Alex at email@example.com.
- REGISTER HERE Registration is not open yet, check back here for updates. Everyone is welcome to attend so bring your sisters, brothers, and friends!
- COORDINATORS: Please ensure all attendees have given you a signed permission slip.
Registration is not open yet, check back here for updates
We'll see you there!
For December and January, we asked you to get creative and make your own song to add to the music of the holiday season. We heard a host of interesting songs. Some were upbeat and energetic while others were thoughtful and melodic, and they all got us into the holiday spirit. Thank you to everyone who submitted a song!
Our Grand Prize
Earning the MicroProject Winner Badge and a $60 gift card to Best Buy for their squad is AJLA TechWizards Project(Evan) by encalhoun from AJLA Tech Wizards in Chicago, Illinois. We really loved how creative and different this song felt, it ebbs and flows even though it's a short song, bursting with energy by the time it's done. Congratulations to encalhoun and AJLA Tech Wizards!
Check out "AJLA TechWizards Project(Evan)" here.
Our First Runner Up
Our first runner up, receiving a Papertronics Lunar Module for their squad is My Soundation Song by amarm724 from Halsey's Mouse Squad in Rego Park, New York. Amarm724 sought out to make a relaxing yet cheerful beat for this project and the sounds they chose were right on target with that theme. They experimented with the reverb and distortion tools in a way that really adds to the song and showed great attention to detail. This song feels perfect at a cozy fireside or on a breezy beach. Awesome work amarm724 and Halsey's Mouse Squad!
Our Second Runner Up
Our second Runner Up (also receiving a Papertronics Lunar Module) is the squad at The Armory Foundation in New York. We received 10 amazing submissions from this creative squad! There's so much that we enjoyed in these songs. DJ Harlem presents:$peak-Ez- and DJ D2M really sound like music ready for the radio and show a willingness to experiment and try new things to get the best sound. NATHALYS SONG :B also takes risks and the change of tempo and style towards the end make the song surprising and enjoyable.Thanks for submitting so many great projects The Armory Foundation!
There were so many great projects this month we wish we had more prizes to give away! We would like to share these honorable mentions:
- Primul Sunet din Viitor by CATBUS8o_O was uniquely named and had a detailed written explanation explaining the influences that went into making the song.
- The Song of The Ages by brandon.m was one of the most interesting songs to hear, with a little bit of folk, classical and more to make your holiday memorable.
Shout out for Wins!
It's never too late to award Wins to your favorite MicroProject entries! Give wins for creativity, technical know-how or inspiration. This month we'd like to shout out MatchaCat for giving a great creativity win. MatchaCat we think you are a Winner with a capital W!
When you see someone make a cool MicroProject submission, let them know that they did a great job by giving them a win! You can always go back and give wins to old projects.
Thank you to Coordinators and students who participated and submitted so many awesome avatars! Next month is time to sharpen your coding skills by modifying a homework excuse generator! Code in the Blanks!.