Join MOUSE Squad for the UnPlugged Kickoff at Maker Faire on Sept. 29!
Welcome back to school, New York City MOUSE Squads! We are so excited to get another amazing school year started with the UnPlugged Kickoff Event at Maker Faire!
At past Maker Faires we have seen everything from 3-D printers to rocket ponies to a life-sized version of the game Mousetrap (it's a giant Rube Goldberg Machine!), and more! Maker Faire is a showcase for all things D.I.Y. (that's "do it yourself"), from green technology to hacks to robots to arts and crafts, and lots of things in between!
This year we are also excited to announce that MOUSE Corps students will be showing their Legacy Projects in the Young Makers Tent, and a few lucky MOUSE Squads will be showing off their 3-D printing skills at the MakerBot booth!
- SIGN UP: Fill out the registration form to reserve your FREE tickets to Maker Faire!
- WHERE: Maker Faire is at the New York Hall of Science--click here for directions.
- WHEN: MOUSE Squads will meet at the main entrance at 9:30am, and activities will go until 1:30pm. (Maker Faire runs until 7pm, so feel free to stay later!)
- WHAT ELSE? MOUSE will provide lunch and roundtrip Metrocards for all MOUSE Squad Coordinators and MOUSE Squad Members who attend!
What is Maker Faire, and why should you come?
MAKE is a quarterly, project-based magazine, it's also a physical event series called "Maker Faire" a very popular website, a book series, a Maker SHED, a television show - but most of all, it's a community of Makers who share their projects and skills. MAKE is what-you-MAKE-it. It's a growing DIY movement of people who look at things a little differently and who just might spark the next generation of scientists, engineers and makers. Read a great write-up about Maker Faire here.
- Get ideas for the MOUSE Squad DIY Competition!
- Kick off your MOUSE Squad year by plugging into the greater MOUSE Squad community!
- Participate in fun teambuilding activities!
- Teachers, network with other MOUSE Squad Coordinators and share best practices!
- Hear about great updates to MOUSE Squad's 2012-2013 programming!
To attend Maker Faire, your school must re-register for MOUSE Squad!
To re-register, you must:
- Confirm with Naomi that your school is re-registering for the 2012-13 school year, and share any updates to your school's contact information.
- Submit a purchase order for the $999 membership fee--you can pay this over FAMIS using your school's NYSSL budget. Payment details are available here.
Please contact Naomi (email@example.com or 212-920-3662) if you have any questions or need additional details to re-register.